Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Koh Chang

My last week in Thailand, Ollie and I took a trip to Koh Chang, a greatest island in the vicinity of Bangkok. We both forgot cameras, and passports, and fire ant protection. We pretty much didn't bring anything with us. So, in lieu of photographs, I drew these pictures on my plane ride back to Omaha.


We went to a waterfall. And a pretty blue and yellow butterfly kept fluttering and landing on my blue and yellow shirt. She thought I was a fellow flyer! We swam. Well, Ollie swam. I more floated and lingered. Then we got rained on. Then we got massages.


Our last night in town was sheesha-connect-four-beer-and-good-company night.


The moon came out only one night of our three nights on Koh Chang. So we looked at it. And a dog accompanied us all evening, chasing sand crabs and never catching a single one as far as I could tell.


We stayed in this little bamboo bungalow on the beach. It was perfect except for the fire ants that partook in my own consumption our last night on the island. I still have a scar from one of those buggers. Like my own little tattoo from a perfect holiday.

3 comments:

Tony Lewis said...

Very creative sister! So...where to next?
We need a house sitter from 8/9 to 8/22...

Tony Lewis said...

Very creative sister! So...where to next?
We need a house sitter from 8/9 to 8/22...

Molly said...

Hey! I wish I had responded sooner. I am in Delhi now for a few months for work and hen Christmas at home! Yay! I will definately let you know next time I am in your neck of the woods!